Planning helps the Nation envision our future and set goals to get us there. We are able to find the right balance of new development and essential services for the tribe and its members while protecting our existing resources and cultural heritage.
Why is planning important?
- We are able to see a long term vision for the tribe
- We can set short term priorities to help make the vision a reality
- We make more informed decisions
- It focuses our energy on the most important tasks
- We are always looking for ways to improve
- Plans must be adaptable when circumstances change.
- It is the process of planning that is the most important not the plan itself.
ALL OF THESE THINGS HELP TO KEEP US FOCUSED ON THE BIG PICTURE.
We have a five year Strategic Plan for the Nation. The introduction to the plan states, “With this document, the Tribal Leadership has identified in measurable terms how the Nation’s financial and human resources will be targeted in the years immediately ahead to benefit all Catawbas.”
What’s included in the plan?
A vision and mission were created for the tribe. Goals for all 11 tribal departments/entities (Governance, Economic Development, Education, Cultural Heritage, Senior Living, Housing, Health, Social Services, Land, Transportation, & Environmental). Goals are evaluated and updated yearly
Other duties of the planning department:
- Transportation Planning
- Land Use Planning
- Public Relations
- Community program development
- Government Liaison
If you have questions about the Planning department please contact:
996 Avenue of the Nations
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 366-4792 ext 225