Little People Academy

The Little People Academy presently serves 56 tribal children between the ages of six weeks to five years old.

Our program operates mostly by CCDF tribal funds. The ISWA Development Corporation manages the grant with the EC overseeing the funds. The center is managed by our director with the Board of Directors overseeing the management of the center. The center also receives ABC voucher subsidy payments and copayments from our parents and these monies are also managed by IDC. Little People Academy has fund raisers periodically throughout the year to help raise funds for playgrounds, curriculum and other things that can enhance the development of the program. LPA strives to serve as many tribal members as our current licensing and space will allow. LPA has partnerships with many quality enhancement programs within our state. (ie.York County First Steps, ABC Voucher, PITC program, HIS, York County Library, DSS and Easter Seals/Baby Net.)

  • The infant rooms (Baby Bear Den) houses children from six weeks to 12 months. We currently are serving 9 children under the age of 12 months.
  • The toddler room (Toddling Turtles) houses children from 13 months to 24 months. We currently are serving 11 children under the age of 24 months.
  • The two year old room (Little Feathers) houses children from 25 months to 36 months. We currently are serving 11 children under the age of 36 months.
  • The three year old room (Soaring Eagles) houses children from 3 to 4 years old. We currently are serving 12 children under the age of 4 years old.
  • Our wrap around program (Smart Owls) are the children that come to us from Head Start in the evenings, from 2:30pm until 6pm. We currently house 13 children from the ages of 3 to 5 for our after school program from head start.
  • The center employs 12 full time employees and 2 part time employees.
  • The Little People Academy is licensed and ABC level B childcare center with level B+ performance.
  • The staff receives at least 15 training hours each year with the director of the program teaching these trainings to the staff, in addition to blood borne pathogens, first aid and CPR trainings. All staff at LPA are CPR certified.
  • The director and assistant director receives at least 20 hours of training each year and must have a degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent.

The Little People Academy has received grants from ABC voucher, First Steps of York County, CCR&R and PITC program. The enter staff and children benefit from these grant awards by receiving TA and materials for each classroom. As most of you know LPA operates mainly by funds received from the tribe’s CCDF allocations.

LPA takes applications for childcare services and places your child on a waiting list. Open enrollment begins in August of every year. The director goes over the applications and income for each family to see if you qualify for the program. The program is based off of income and the needs of the individual family.

Educational Goals:

All staff will have an ECD 101 Credential Program director will have a Bachelor’s degree or higher The assistant director will receive a Bachelor’s degree

 

Contact information

Little People Academy
Angie Branham, Director
2897 Sturgis Road
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Phone: 803.325-7655

angela_lpa@comporium.net

At the current moment our Director has a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, our Assistant Director is enrolled in school and working on her Bachelor’s degree, and 75% of our staff have their ECD 101 and the other 25% are working on receiving their ECD 101 credentials.