The Catawba Service Unit is an ambulatory outpatient care facility serving the Catawba Indian Nation and other federally recognized American Indians and Alaska Natives. The service unit includes a Medical Clinic, Dental Clinic, Pharmacy, Laboratory, Nutritional Department and partners with other ancillary support entities. Services can be obtained through scheduled appointments. The service unit is not an urgent/emergent care facility. If you have a true medical emergency you should call 911 or report to your nearest emergency room.
The Catawba Service Unit strives to raise the health status of American Indians/Alaskan Natives through Health Promotion/Disease Prevention, education, and treatment using holistic, culturally sensitive, patient-centered health care delivery systems that partner health care teams with patients and their family members in order to maximize resources while meeting organizational objectives and community health care needs in a healing environment that provides safe, timely, effective, efficient, and equitable care.
The Catawba Service Unit excels in meeting the health care needs of the residents of its service area and among the Nashville Area health care providers in the delivery of transparent, accountable, inclusive, patient centered health care; exceeding patient expectations by providing highly valued health and wellness services, disease prevention and management and the enhancement of community stewardship.
We at the Catawba Service Unit hold these values to be fundamental
- We respect each individual, their beliefs, traditions, and values while providing an environment which appreciates diversity within our internal and external customers.
- We are committed to standards of excellence and dedicated to exceeding the expectations of those we serve. We consistently strive to provide the highest quality patient care.
- We accept personal accountability for the work we do.
- We promise to conduct business in an honest, fair manner and with the utmost integrity.
- We promote open communication that fosters partnership and enhances timely, effective and appropriate responses.
We are committed to a supportive environment that encourages new ideas and creativity. Involvement and teamwork determine our future.
- Medical Clinic
- Chronic Disease Management
- Acute Care
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Case Management
- Retinal Screenings
- Planned Parenthood
- Dental Clinic
- Basic Dental Procedures
- Limited Oral Surgeries
- Smoking Cessation
- Over the Counter Clinic
- Diabetic Supplies
- Chronic/Routine Testing
- Acute Testing
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Testing
- Preventative Health Exams
- Women’s Health
- Well-Child Checks
- Physicals: Annual, Department of Transportation (DOT), School, Sports
- Community Health Services
- Health Fairs
- Customer Service Appreciation Week
- Immunization Clinics
- Community Forums
- Monthly Saturday Women’s & Pediatric Health Clinics
- Specialized Services
- TeleBehavorial Health
- Adult and Child Services
- Mental Health Specialist
- Skin abnormalities can be photographed and sent electronically to outside providers for review and diagnoses.
- Nutrition Department
- Diabetic and Blood Pressure Equipment
- Health Education
- Blood Pressure
- Cooking Classes
- Alternate Resources
- Medicaid and Medicare Assistance
- Medication Assistance
- Contract Health Services
- Referrals to Outside Providers and/or Testing Procedures
- Traditional/Spiritual Healing
- Herbal Use
- Ceremonial Healing
- Catawba Service Unit Healthcare Partners
- Catawba Indian Nation Longhouse
- ISWA Housing Development
- ISWA Head Start
- Little People Academy Daycare
- Catawba Indian Nation Cultural Center & After-School Program
- Catawba Indian Nation Senior Center
2893 Sturgis Rd.
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM;
Wednesday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Saturday Clinics offered once per month: Pediatric and Women’s Health
(Call for dates and times.)