The mission of Wellness Warriors is to improve the overall health of the Catawba Indian Nation and community members by coordinating resources and ideas to make healthy options more accessible and inviting. The program considers all age groups, residential areas and activity levels for planning health education and improvement programs and events. Areas addressed include, but not limited to physical activity, healthy eating, tobacco cessation.
1. Coordinate resources of all tribal entities and look for new resources to provide wellness for the tribal community.
2. Plan and manage programs and events for the tribal community in relation to health & wellness.
3. Encourage and promote safe use of trails, playgrounds, outdoor fitness equipment and waterways.
4. Work with appropriate departments to ensure safety is maintained for those wanting to be active outside in the community.
5. Make the community more aware of ways to be healthy by using the tribal newsletters, website and social media.
Tolani Franks, Wellness Coordinator
Office: (803) 366-4792
Exercise & Fitness
Local events & program links within the Catawba Indian Nation & York County, SC area
Facebook (Join & like the group page called Catawba Wellness Warriors)