It is the mission of the Grants and Compliance Department to facilitate the development of programs and projects in partnership with the Catawba Nation’s Executive Committee, Tribal Administrator, Division Directors, and Program Managers. All program development must be in synchronization with program planning and guidance from the Catawba Nation’s Executive Committee and Tribal Administration. The Grants and Compliance Department coordinates oversight and evaluation of all tribal programs and projects by encouraging communication and transparency between financial and programmatic staff in several different ways:
- Facilitation of New Grants Meetings or Grant Kick Off Meetings
- Facilitation of Quarterly Grants Meetings between our Financial and Programmatic staff
- Ensuring compliance of Catawba Nation’s Grants Management Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring compliance with the Uniform Guidance, as known as, the 2 CFR 200 and
- Conducting Internal Audits.